The “Guest House” of the Lake St. Clair Guide Magazine!
Vacation Rental – Fair Haven, Michigan – Anchor Bay / Bouvier Bay
Boat – Fish – Duck Hunt – Ice Fish & Snowmobile Racing
Formerly a “Barber Shop” in the old days, this cute, cozy, & clean 400 square foot remodeled vacation rental has boat dockage and shore power…
Kim Darrah, the Lake St. Clair Guide – Phone: 586-202-3100 – email firstname.lastname@example.org
7571 Dyke Road (M29), Fair Haven, MI 48023
2 Night Minimum – Max. 3 people thanks – Ask about “last minute” one night winter stays – Reservations Available May – February
2020 Rates (Two night minimum) $100 non-refundable deposit to book / Balance due upon arrival
(Deposit & final payment may vary with 7 or more nights)
2021 Rates (Two night minimum) *$100 non-refundable deposit to book / Balance due upon arrival
- May & June $100/night (2-Night Stay +$50 cleaning fee | 3-Night Stay or more $0 cleaning fee)
- July – February $100/night (+$50 cleaning fee for 2-night stays) or SAVE! Book a full week and get one night free – $600/week
$15/day extra for a 2nd boat & trailer…. Maximum 3 human guests
*7 or more nights? Deposit & final payment may vary.
The “Guest House” is located across from the St. John’s Marsh – 15 minutes off I-94.
- Very nice, and VERY CLEAN!
- Kitchen: Fully equipped…Pots/pans, dishes, glassware, dishwasher, full size stove/oven, medium refrigerator
- Sleeping Area: Bunk bed with full size on bottom and twin on top; pull out full size sofa couch; optional hotel style rollout twin …Maximum 3 people thanks. For housekeeping…..Please advise if you do not prefer the “upper bunk” but would prefer the pullout queen sofa or hotel rollaway instead when booking.
- Air Conditioned & Heated – Vaulted Ceilings – Ceiling Fan
- BBQ – Propane Grill
- Linens – Towels & bed linens…Soaps provided, please bring your own shampoo
- Flat Screen Cable TV with Premium Channels / On Demand Movies / Amazon Prime
- Restaurants: Lots! of options a very short drive by car or by boat! Walk to two restaurants / bars….3 restaurants right in our bay – click for restaurant map
- DNR Launch Ramps: Less than one mile for Lake St. Clair. 5-10 minutes to two alternate ramps to the North Channel or St. Clair River
- Fish Cleaning Station
- Dockage with shore power in protected bay – Photos above are of Bouvier Bay….our location
- Lighted channel to the Guest House
- Also, Duck hunting a short drive away and Ice Fishing just a short walk – Bring your snow machine and leave at the dock in winter!
- No smoking inside the Guest House – Umbrella table and ashtray outside for your enjoyment.
- No pets of any kind thanks
- There are a lot of activities around the area for site seeing …And, can’t fish all day and night? ….. click here for some ideas of “other” Lake St. Clair area things to do
*This rental cottage is the Guest House of the Lake St. Clair Guide Magazine. Docks are for boat dockage only…no fishing from docks (see aerial map of property below). Our cottage is best suited for fishermen who will be active on their boat all day…sorry, no pets… maximum 3 people.
We’ll do our best to make your stay very enjoyable and to help you find the fish!
If you are ready to book, please click on “EACH NIGHT” you wish to stay & complete form in full (max. 3 total people thanks) … 2 night minimum – “call” to inquire about last minute winter 1-night stays @ $140.
I will get back to you shortly with confirmation – see “rates” above for deposit info. Other Questions? Feel free to call Kim at 586-202-3100 or email at email@example.com. Thanks!
Several professional tournament fishermen have stayed with us! Here are some nice emails we’ve received…. “Kim, it was a fun week staying with you and Carl. We really enjoyed the company and the house.” John Crews, Bassmaster Pro-Elite Fisherman with Ish Monroe (Stayed with us for 2 tournaments) August 2013 & 2015. FLW Pro Brandon Coulter (now Pro-Elite Bassmater after Lake St. Clair Open – and our guest again for 2017 Tournament!) and rookie Gerald Sensabaugh (recently retired Dallas Cowboy) Gerald texted… “Thanks for everything. I really enjoyed my stay. You guys are awesome. If I get to be a pro, me and Crews and Ish are going to fight to stay at your house. LOL”
Other nice emails we’ve received from fishermen visiting from all around the U.S.:
“It was great fishing and the accommodations as well as the proximity to the fishing action were fantastic.
“Our stay at the Guest House was perfect. The GH was way better than the pictures you have on your website. Your advice where to fish was spot on.
This was the best bass fishing trip that I have been on size wise. Many of the largemouth over 3 lbs. One 5.2 two 4+. My biggest
smallmouth 4.8, most over 2lbs. Thanks, Mike”
“Kim, this is an awesome place. You have a wonderful set up and very well thought out. We will be back. Thanks for everything.”
“Thank you for having us. We spent a lot of time fishing and eating at all the restaurants
on the lake… best vacation ever. Look forward to coming back.”
“We appreciate the opportunity to stay at your place and look forward to more trips in the future.”
“We had a fantastic time and couldn’t have asked for a nicer place to stay. This was the first time I’ve been on a fishing trip and felt as
if I were at home. I’m looking forward to (coming back in) July.”
“Thanks for the accommodations! Everything was here that we needed, and then some. The price was reasonable and the location was perfect.”
“Just wanted to drop you a note to tell you how much we enjoyed our stay at your cottage. We thought everything was very nice and found it extremely
helpful that you and your husband Carl took the time to show and tell us about some of the spots around your home. We all agreed that it was the best place that we have stayed
on Lake St. Clair. We are looking forward to a return visit. Thanks again for the hospitality.”
“I thought I’d take a minute to let you know how much I enjoyed the trips to your place at the lake. I know in both trips I made up there everyone
was very happy with the accommodations and especially the hospitality we received from you & Carl. It was also nice having Carl helping out with our fishing strategies,
that’s a pretty big lake and it would have been tough to fish without a little advice. I’ll probably be getting back with you soon to schedule for next year.”
“Thanks Kim & Carl for an awesome stay. We will be customers for life. We will be in touch for our next visit!”
“I just wanted to thank you and Carl for your hospitality. The guest house worked out great, it was clean and well maintained. You clearly have done a great job setting the place up, and
thinking through what your guests would need. I’ll be back!
Call Kim Darrah at 586-202-3100 for questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org